Monday 17 September 2007

New Knights Templar revelations

Having pursued the possibility of being on the trail of the lost treasure of the Templars, whatever that find may constitute, meant that sooner or later I would have to take my own closer look and perspective at the Order. So much has been written about the KT - as much theory as established and recorded fact - that it would be difficult to come up with something totally refreshing, but I have enjoyed investigating their Lincoln connexions. It’s only very recent that I remembered how I stood in the ruins of the churchyard at Coustaussa way back in 1986 and in a private moment of reflection at this, my first stop off point in my only visit to nearby Rennes-le-Chateau, asking aloud if the spirits of the Templars both past and present would assist me in my Quest. My memory had totally misplaced that solemnity having happened, and looking back now, I wonder if they did. The year previous, sacred geometrist and RLC author David Wood had shown me his discovery in the valley – the Temple of Solomon etched out on the ground, and strongly resembling, to my mind, a giant camera! No surprise we are dealing with Light, then!

Back in England, Lincolnshire is one of the most important Templar Counties due to the Bishop of Lincoln’s power extending over most of England at the time, for nearly 500 years the Seat of the Holy See was held at the Bishop’s Palace (only a few hundred yards away from my ‘Lincoln Da Vinci Code’ final location ) from the Humber to the Thames. The Patron Saint of Lincoln Cathedral, St Hugh, had bought the original Temple in London from the Templars, who then went on to build the second one which stands today. (It’s believed Hugh died in the original, of which nothing now remains). It is well within the bounds of possibility the the Templars hid treasures in Lincolnshire because its largest and most efficient Orders were concentrated in different parts of the County, having built preceptories at Temple Bruer and Willoughton near Gainsborough, South Witham and Aslackby, near Sleaford, Bruer being one of the only Templar sites never to have been properly excavated as it was waterlogged at the time raids were made on most Templar properties.

0 Comments: